Goodwin Lasiter Strong

Below is a brief history of our company

Goodwin-Lasiter-Strong
History
Goodwin Lasiter Strong History

Our firm was established in 1983 by Philip Goodwin, P.E., RPLS and Larry Lasiter, P.E. with a desire to provide high-quality architectural, engineering, and surveying services to the East Texas Region. Goodwin-Lasiter, Inc. started with a modest staff of four members. Our performance and value-based philosophy has served our Clients' needs for more than 40 years. We have maintained steady growth from this small start to now operating with more than 70+ employees and four offices (Lufkin, College Station,The Woodlands and Groesbeck).

In 2001, we partnered with Scott & Strong, an architectural and interior design firm with roots dating back to 1939. This allowed us to build upon the foundation of high-quality professional services. Our second office was formed in College Station in 2002 continuing with a solid business ethic as set in motion by our original company. In 2010, we acquired Raymond Surveying & Mapping Company in Groesbeck, Texas to expand our range of services in Central Texas. The Woodlands became our latest office to be opened in 2014 helping our firm service South East Texas

Today, resulting in the combination of our talents, Goodwin-Lasiter-Strong (GLS) provides services on a wide range of professional disciplines for both Public and Private endeavors. This includes educational, commercial and retail buildings, athletic facilities, industrial consulting, planning, parks, structural systems, public works (municipal and rural), and surveying. We have served Clients in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kentucky, Ohio, New Mexico, and Virginia.